1. Payment of Fees Clients are required to provide full payment of term fees before a permanent class position will be allocated. Please contact administration on 3281 8763 if you wish to make other arrangements. Ipswich Music and Drama Academy will not provide a refund on cancellation of lessons, however, the paid lessons are redeemable for any family member or friend within the year.
2. Make Up Lessons In order to maintain the highest quality of music lessons for all students, Ipswich Music and Drama Academy will make every effort to re-schedule a lesson(s) when required. Prior notice of 24 hours must be provided of an absence to qualify for re-scheduling of a lesson. With a late notification of absence, the lesson can be re-scheduled given that there is a valid medical certificate. If the student cannot re-schedule a lesson at any of the times offered by the teacher, his/her name will be written out on the End of Term make up list for arranging a time during the school holidays. Only two, 30 minute make-up classes for missed lessons per term can be entered on the End of Term make up list. Make up lessons are not transferable from term to term and refunds for further missed lessons are not available. Please note that the makeup lessons during the school term or school holidays may be scheduled with a different teacher.
If a make-up lesson is arranged and a new enrolment is booked on the same slot later, then priority will be given to the new enrolment and the current student will be offered another time-slot for the make-up lesson. If the lesson is cancelled due to a teacher absence the students will be notified by SMS, e-mail or phone. In this case, a makeup lesson will be arranged.If the student then fails to attend the scheduled make-up lesson, no further make-up time will be provided.
Where several lessons in a row are missed due to serious medical conditions, a credit toward lessons to be taken next term may be granted. A valid medical certificate must be provided. All such credits must be used in full during the next term and cannot be redeemed for cash. A refund of fees is not available under any circumstances.
3.Late Start When a lesson is started late due to a student’s late arrival, the lesson will be completed on time and no make-up time will be offered. When a lesson is started late due to a teacher’s late arrival, the lesson will be completed on time and a make-up lesson for the time that was missed will be offered.
4.Trial Lessons Ipswich Music and Drama Academy offers all new enrolments, who are interested in taking individual music classes, a trial lesson. The trial lesson is a single, non-lock in music class and must be paid on the day of the arranged lesson. The charges of the trial lesson are that of the official prices for music classes at Ipswich Music and Drama Academy (as advertised on our website and brochures).A free trial lesson will be given for Morning Pre-School Group Classes only. No trial lesson is provided for instrumental group classes. If you decide to further pursue music classes, after the trial lesson, we will invoice you accordingly. If, however, you decide against attending any classes then there will be no further charges for the rest of the term
5.Extended Leave If you will be going on an extended leave (e.g. holidays or business trips) during the school term, the timetable slot for your lesson will not be retained for you. The allocated slot for your lesson can be reserved for you only if 50% of the fees (for the time period of the leave) are paid.
6. Entrance for exams and eisteddfods will be at the discretion of the teacher and not the student or parent. Teachers are best suited to know when a student is ready for examination or competition.
7. Performance of original arrangements or compositions by Brenna Lee-Cooney taught during lesson or group rehearsal must not be performed publicly or in competitions without written consent of Brenna Lee-Cooney.
8. Appropriate behaviour is expected during lessons; this includes
bringing music, Instrument and accessories (if required) homework book and any homework to the lesson
no food or drink (other than a water bottle) is to be brought into the Studio
appropriate clothing and footwear is to be worn to facilitate ease of playing
no threatening, violent or verbally abusive behaviour will be tolerated. eg students who punch keys, or threaten to damage their instrument will be asked to leave. It is the duty of parents/caregivers to ensure their child behaves acceptably.
this is a non-violent Studio and the teacher will ask parents to refrain from either physically or verbally abusing their or other children whilst on the premises.
Successful lessons require a Team effort between Teacher, Parent and Student - we all need to be on the same page and working towards a positive and happy outcome.
9. Purchase of Instrument. Every student needs an instrument and required appropriate music books. If buying a string instrument please seek advice from a professional string instrument shop eg. Simply for Strings, Animato, Ilya Grawert. You will not buy a reliable and value for money instrument from a 'general' music shop, and there will be limited 'follow-up'. A string instrument needs to be fitted to the player and instruments, shoulder rests, chin rests come in many shapes and sizes and a professional can assist you buy what is most appropriate. Buying from Ebay, Gumtree or Cash Convertors may seem a cheap option initially, but it is a risky venture that could end up being very expensive to fix. If planning to learn Piano/Keyboard, then it is essential to own a piano or quality weighted keyboard with sufficient keys to simulate a piano. Old pianos that are severely out of tune or have keys missing are generally a poor investment and cannot be fixed easily without huge expense and are damaging to young players aural development and technique.
10.Feedback (Compliments, Suggestions, Complaints) Ipswich Music and Drama Academy aims to provide you and your children the best possible service. We take any complaints about our services very seriously and will implement the proper measures to resolve any issues that have arisen in a reasonable time frame. Any compliments or suggestions will always help us improve the quality of our services. If you are, at any time, unsatisfied with any part(s) of our services that we provide, please contact Brenna Lee-Cooney to further discuss the matter.
_ Tuition fees All fees are charged by 10 week Term, payable in advance.
Individual lessons Beginner level to level 3 AMEB 30 mins - $30 60 mins - $60
Level 4 AMEB to Level 8 AMEB 30 mins - $35.00 45 mins - $50.00 60 mins - $68.00
Certificate of Performance, Associate & Licentiate level: 60 mins - $75
General Knowledge, Analysis of Pieces and Aural Training Level 7 AMEB - Licentiate level 60 mins - $75
Group Instrumental Lessons, Vocal Ensemble, Speech & Drama 30 mins Group of 2-3 45 mins Group of 4 + 60 mins Group of 5+ $15.00 per student
Pre-School Program Kinder Beat (Levels: 1, 2, 3 and Junior Series) Morning classes for babies from 3 months to 2 years (Kodaly based) 30 mins Group of 2 to 4 45 mins Group of 5+ $15 per student
All Kinder Beat Books and instruments are purchased through Ipswich Music and Drama Academy.
The Music Teachers Association of Qld Tuition Rates are listed _here:
An enrolment fee of $35 per family (incl. GST) must be paid only once when enrolling for lessons.
A 10% Discount will apply on more than one 30, 45 or 60 minute class per week and to one or more siblings in a group class. No discounts are given for 20 minute individual classes.
Students who are preparing for examinations, must purchase the appropriate exam book(s)
All prices printed above are inclusive of GST charges.
Payments by installments are accepted from long term students. If you have been learning from Ipswich Music and Drama for more than a year and would prefer to pay by installments please talk to Administration to discuss and arrange instalment payments.
A photocopying fee of 15c per sheet applies to any parts, theory, scripts etc.